Earn incentives for optimizing industrial systems
Our Industrial System Optimization Program (ISOP) provides industrial customers with the engineering support you need to tune up and optimize systems in your facility for better energy performance. After you implement identified energy-saving action items, you’ll earn an incentive that can cover up to 100% of eligible project costs.
What you get
If you qualify for ISOP, you’ll receive:
- An energy audit done in two separate events: an initial scoping meeting and a site deep-dive.
- A list of low- and no-cost action items, as well as estimates of the annual cost and energy savings associated with each item. PSE will provide this list after your energy audit is complete.
- Guidance from a PSE engineer to help you implement the low- and no-cost action items. Once you’ve implemented these changes, PSE will track your facility’s energy consumption to evaluate savings.
- A performance incentive based on energy savings. All changes must be implemented within two months of your site deep-dive event. The incentive can cover up to 100% of eligible project costs, and current incentive rates are listed below.
$1.00 per therm saved
$5.50 per therm saved
How you qualify
To be eligible for ISOP:
- Your business site must be within PSE's service area and use electricity and/or natural gas from PSE.
- Your business site must be considered industrial, which often (but not always) means either: the majority of its electric load is associated with processing or manufacturing; or, its subsystems maintain long run-hours, rely on industry-standard technology, and keep relatively stable control set points and loads.
- Sites whose principal use is office or retail are almost always not eligible for this program.
- Buildings targeted in your ISOP portfolio must collectively use greater than 1,000,000 kWh or 50,000 therms (or a combination of both) annually.
Implementation incentive requirements
- Only costs for recommended action items that you completed at your business site during or following the deep-dive event are eligible for this incentive. Any large expenses (over $5,000) must be pre-approved by PSE in order to be considered an eligible cost through this program.
- You must provide PSE's ISOP team with conditional site data concerning variables that may cause fluctuations in energy usage at your business site (e.g., labor hours, production data, shifts, etc.).
- You must submit an action item completion report containing documentation for all incentive-eligible costs, including but not limited to:
- Material/equipment invoices
- Internal labor costs
- Contracted labor costs
Is ISOP+ right for you?
ISOP+ is a new offering within ISOP designed to provide you a bundled incentive for both operational changes (the low- and no-cost action items identified by the ISOP energy audit) and capital upgrades all in the same project. The incentive can cover up to 100% of the cost of operational and capital upgrades. The entire project must be implemented within eight months after the deep-dive event.
For personalized advice, contact an Energy Advisor.
Or call 1-800-562-1482.